Friday, March 6, 2015

Red, white and blue


Red, white and blue is such a classic color combination, and I always love it.  I am finally starting to fit back into some of my pre-pre-baby button-down shirts, and this was always one of my favorites.  I like the bold blue and white stripes, the super-long sleeves that show so nicely under a suit jacket, plus the great tailoring.  And my red necklace and skinny belt are always fun.  I've been on the lookout for a replacement red skinny belt for years because this one is a bit low quality, but I haven't found a single one that has looked as good.

Sadly, the company that the shirt is from is out of business.  There was a short-lived store called "Martin & Osa" which carried men's and women's clothing targeted towards 20- to 30-somethings.  The women's clothing was pretty much exactly made for me, which is clearly why they went out of business.  The long-limbed short-torso-ed big-boobed solids- and stripes-loving market is not super large. 

One other thing I must say: I know I should have lengthened the pants on this suit.  I bet I could have gotten another inch out of it.  I think it's too late now - it would show if I tried to get it lengthened now.  But I'll have to remember this next time I buy a suit where the pants are just a tad short with heels - just get it adjusted right away, or it will never happen.

(Shirt: Martin and Osa, suit: J-crew factory, necklace: a claire's-like store, belt: I think I've honestly had it since junior high, shoes: Nordstrom - this shoe, and a few variations in different fabrics/leathers are on sale at Nordstrom rack now!  I highly recommend this shoe if you're looking for a nice work shoe - it's super comfortable (comfortable enough for me to teach in it for 3 hours, and then go for a 1.5 mile walk around campus) but still looks really stylish.)

1 comment: