Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Floral Pumps

When I first saw pictures of floral pumps, my reaction was that they were horribly hideous and only old ladies would ever wear them.  But then they started to slowly grow on me.  Some are still horribly hideous, but some are very pretty.  I do love color.

In terms of the pics I've seen online - my favorite styling of floral pumps is with ankle or rolled jeans.  However I pretty much never wear jeans with heels.  So I'm going to have to go another direction if I want to try this trend.

Plus, I'm just not that into florals.

So I like the floral pump trend, but not the florals, and not the main way of styling them...

I went shoe shopping today.  I went to DSW and saw a wide variety of styles in floral fabrics - pointy-toe pumps, dorsay pumps, open-toe pumps, strappy sandals, ballet flats, and even sneakers!  And in addition to florals, there were one or two "watercolor" shoes.  The watercolor pump is a nice variation on the floral pump - it is still colorful and has a similar feel, but without those flowers that just don't work for me.

I found a pair I loved the look of, and that seemed not too painful.  Watch for them in coming weeks.  I spent a little more than I really should for something that's so trendy and that will be so hard to wear and style.  But that just means that I'll try to wear them more!

And in the meantime, here are some of my favorite floral and watercolor pump pics from the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. huh. I kind of hate them except the black ones.

    I wear heels with pumps. Well, my one pair of pumps. Those are "fancy" days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. They are easily hated. We'll see how this goes. :)

      Delete