Thursday, March 26, 2015

Daycare drop off


I often throw on a relaxed dress and sandals if I'm just going out to drop the kids off or run errands, once the weather warms up anyway.  

I also carry my small cross-body purse.  I can wear it as a shoulder bag, or cross body when I'm carrying a baby and kid gear. I looked for a spring/summer version while I was shopping yesterday but didn't find one, so I'm still searching.

I often don't photograph these types of outfits, but I figured I better start if I want to dispel the impression that I go out in yoga clothes!  :)  One of my pet peeves is moms who wear yoga clothes all the time.  At home - okay.  If you are going to excercise immediately before or after (or during) - okay.  But other than that, I don't think yoga clothes are appropriate.  Sometimes I almost feel peer pressure to wear yoga clothes or other workout wear to the park - so many moms do it.  I do think if you are truly running, jumping, and climbing with your kids, then it makes sense - that counts as a workout! :)  But many of the moms are just standing around chatting with other moms - you can really do that just fine in a pair of jeans, shorts, crops, ... really any number of quite comfortable items that are not yoga pants. 

What's your view on yoga clothes or workout clothes as everyday-wear?

(Dress: BCBGMaxazria through bluefly.com, a great site for heavily discounted designer clothing, sandals: Payless shoe source, purse: Rebecca minkoff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment