Friday, March 6, 2015

Making a boring outfit interesting

Let's face it: black pants and a v-neck magenta sweater - boooring.
But at the same time, it is a nice combination.
So these are the little touches that I hope made my black pants with a v-neck magenta sweater just a bit more interesting today:
black-and-white shoes, and black-and-white earrings (sorry - no pic)
black super-structured blazer (my zac posen w/ it's interesting shoulders, pockets, and peplum)
interesting little details on the sweater (button cuffs)


Another time I wore this basic pants-and-sweater outfit I added a fun textured scarf for indoors but didn't wear the blazer, while today I just wore a warm black scarf mostly while outside and wore the blazer while indoors as well.

(Sweater: Martin and Osa!  Oh Martin and Osa, how I miss you.  Pants: Express. Shoes and earrings: White House Black Market (because really - where better to get black-and-white items?).  Blazer: Zac Posen, on super-sale from Saks Off Fifth, the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet (my favorite high-end outlet because it is truly high-end).)

No comments:

Post a Comment