Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A little reflection

I tend to write about exactly what I'm doing at the moment, fitness-wise.  But I just took a new "before" picture for boot camp, and it caused me to reflect on the last several months.

I started working out consistently and eating better at the beginning of April, and I have kept it up for 3 1/2 months now, including over a vacation, and in between fitness challenge groups. 

What really struck me about my new "before" pic is that, even right after my vacation, I look almost exactly the same as I did after my intense 21DFX round.  I'm eating a little more flexibly, I'm not using my containers regularly, etc.  But the general healthy eating habits I have developed must be okay or I'm sure I would have put on more chub.  I plan to go back to the containers when I get a little too far off track, which is sure to happen (holiday season, if not before), but for now I'm feeling pretty encouraged.

I've also varied my workouts more.  I mixed together 21DFX, T25, running, yoga, and those assorted travel workouts with a resistance band.  But I must be doing a decent job of mixing things up, because I haven't lost muscle tone (if anything I think my arms look a little better).

At this point, I doubt I will get more toned looking, because I doubt I'm willing to eat the way that I would have to for those muscles to show.  But who knows.  We'll see what the next month brings.

Anyway, for now, I just wanted to share my new before photo.  I hope you take this as inspiration - if you work hard and achieve some great results that you are happy about, maintaining those results will probably be a lot easier.  I definitely worked hard those 3 weeks I was following 21 day fix extreme exactly.  But the 7 weeks since then - I've just been having fun, in a healthy way (e.g., 5-6 workouts a week of my choosing, eating generally healthy but not watching exactly what I eat, and lots of playing with the kids at the park :) ).




4 comments:

  1. you look great! It took me awhile to notice the difference, FYI :) Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that's the point though! I can't tell the difference. But I'm super happy just that my results didn't disappear.

    I always see these amazing before and after photos advertised, but then I wonder - did they take a diuretic or go super low-carb before the "after"? Did they go eat a cake the next day because they were feeling so treat-deprived? Basically: did they really maintain those results?

    And I was really happy when I saw my own pic and realized that I had maintained so far. I hadn't even realized that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I totally missed the point! But I agree with you... you are keeping it up!!!!

    Today was not a good day for me food wise. It just makes me feel gross when I eat bad! But I still did my workout. I can do better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry I totally missed the point! But I agree with you... you are keeping it up!!!!

    Today was not a good day for me food wise. It just makes me feel gross when I eat bad! But I still did my workout. I can do better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete