Friday, April 10, 2015

New shoes on a teaching day

I did something a bit risky today - I wore a new pair of shoes on a teaching day.  But they felt really comfortable in the store, and they have a slightly wider heel to make them more stable, and a leather sole so they wouldn't slip on the classroom carpet, so I decided to go for it.  Luckily they worked out, but between the fairly high heel and my morning workout (1st in ages), I did end up with some seriously tired calves by the end of the night. I had leg muscles which I didn't know existed that were aching.

I've never paired this shirt with this suit before, but I thought it worked really well.  I love how the tiny camel-colored stripe between the black and white stripes helps tie the colors together.  And the black helps pull in the black in the shoes.  Every time I wear this suit I love it more.  It just feels so current, totally shows off shoes, but is still pretty professional. 

(New shoes!: Franco Sarto from DSW (on sale for $40 now), Suit: J-crew factory (on clearance on their website now, for anyone who happens to be shaped like me.  Search for "Hthr caramel" and it'll come up), Blouse: 100% silk from White House Black Market, Cami: Spanx from Nordstroms (it isn't super tight but the fabric is just so great - thin and smooth), Earrings: Ann Taylor Loft, Belt (hard to see in pics - it's a camel-colored skinny belt in ostritch-embossed leather): J-crew factory)

No comments:

Post a Comment