Friday, April 24, 2015

Claire-inspired outfit #4 - the belted peplum jacket

I never would have tried belting this jacket if not for Claire Underwood's wardrobe, but her fitted peplum jackets, occasionally belted, inspired me to give it a try.  I love it!  I feel so sexy and powerful, yet still professional.  This outfit is also more neutral than my usual, but I do love a good black and grey combo.  My "color" in this outfit is probably my cream top.  :)  This outfit reminded me how much I love black and grey, without those hits of color.  Living in such a sunny place, I slowly started wearing more and more color.  It's nice to reset a little bit.  I will never go to an entirely neutral wardrobe like seasons 1 and 2 Claire, but it is good every once in a while.

What I've learned from this week:
Dressing like Claire feels good.  I feel sexy, powerful, strong...
Dressing like Claire is a bit tiring for the feet.  :)  As much as I love my heels, well wow - 4" pumps every day?
And, trying to dress like Claire makes me pull out all of my most expensive clothing.  That's just how it is.

(Jacket: Zac Posen, Sweater: Banana Republic, Skirt: Express, Belt: White house black market, Shoes: Sergio Rossi)

No comments:

Post a Comment