Friday, September 5, 2014

A simple, but very me, sweater


(The last picture captures the color of the sweater better than the first, but I think it's just a tad brighter than even the 3rd pic.)  I love this sweater, but the brand no longer exists so I can't buy more.  I often find really interesting unique and high-quality items when I shop at discount stores.  This was even more true in Boston because of the proximity of the New York fashion scene and local Boston designers. I don't shop at discount stores often because it takes a lot of time, but when I do, I love it.  The main disadvantage is that I often end up with items like this, that are there because they are no longer available, so if I like them I can't buy more!

(Sweater: Filene's basement in Boston - the real original Filene's basement that was in the basement of Filene's!, Pants: Macy's juniors department, Shoes: Macy's - from one of my many shopping trips for black chunky-heeled oxfords, ring: Russia, unpictured: super-cute tiny little ball stud earrings that exactly match the sweater, from when I was probably about 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment