Thursday, May 12, 2016

A denim dress

 
When I was a kid, my mom would get me a new outfit for my birthday every year.  It was usually a cute girly dress.  All these years later, I still love the idea of a birthday outfit.  I bought this dress a couple months ago, but I've saved it for my birthday.  And the shoes are brand new too. 
 
Denim is a huge trend right now.  Denim everything.  I'm not a chambray shirt girl, and denim jackets just don't work on me.  But this denim dress is just my style.  It's an unusual take on denim.  The fabric is sleek, thin, and has just the right stretch, and the dress is amazingly well tailored.  I'm not that curvy, but it makes me look like I am! 
 
This dress could be a little low cut for work if you have much of a chest.  In that case I would have worn a cami underneath.  But I decided that given my current physique, it doesn't really look low-cut at all, and the dress is so well cut and the fabric is substantial enough that I don't feel like I need the smoothing of a spanx cami, so I went without. 
   
Oh, and with blazer:


(Dress and earrings: White house black market, probably on sale now.  Shoes: Payless shoe source!  I'm going to do a whole post on these and a couple other payless shoe source purchases I think.  Not a store you probably expect me to frequent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment