Friday, November 13, 2015

Fall jeans, 1: Coated denim


The temperature finally dipped down around here, so I'm getting to trot out my fall/winter jeans!  Every 6 months or so I buy a couple new pairs of jeans.  For spring/summer this year, my two main pairs were my white distressed skinny crops and my light grey skinny crops.  For fall/winter, this is one of my new pairs: burgundy coated skinny jeans.

I love the coated denim look - just a little edgy - but I feel like black coated jeans look like they're pretending to be leather!  I also love burgundy and I'm so happy it's been a popular color for multiple years in a row.  So when I saw these on sale, I figured it was worth a shot.  They are not jeggings, so they are more comfortable - looser in the knee for example.  But they are still a nice skinny fit.  And the coating is really cool in person.  My camera could either get the color right, or get the shine of the coating, but it couldn't manage to do both!  So you'll have to use your imagination a bit.

These also pair well with ballet flats or my knee-high flat boots I bought a couple years ago.

In general I love the look of a big boxy flowy sweater over skinny jeans, but it looks a bit frumpy in the first photo.  I guess I've gotten a little used to the images of myself in shorts and a tank-top after our super-long summer!

Finally, most falls I switch to a darker bag, but so far this year I'm sticking with my white summer bag.  The rose-gold metal studs and strap are making it go well with a lot of my fall outfits, and there's something appropriate about the bright white bag for our very-sunny, but finally a little cooler, fall.

I'll post a few more fall jeans outfits in the next few days.

(Jeans: White house black market (run small for WHBM sizing - I'm wearing a size 2), Sweater: J-crew factory, Flats: Macy's, Boots: Vince Camuto from DSW, purse: Rebecca Minkoff from Outnet)

No comments:

Post a Comment