Friday, May 8, 2015

Distressed denim outfits

This is what I was going to wear to Muffins with Mom at daycare today, but it turned out to be a cold rainy day!  Who would have thunk.  So this outfit is on hold for another day, but I wanted to share early in the season, while you might still be contemplating a pair of distressed denim, or a pair of watercolor or floral pumps, of your very own.  :)

This is an alternate, super casual and beachy, way to style my new torn jeans.  (They feel like "distressed denim" when I'm wearing them with watercolor pumps, but they're really just torn jeans.  :) )

I saw tons of people wearing various distressed denim this weekend and at Tuesday night's baseball game.  It seems like it's become the standard denim around here!!  Most people were wearing distressed skinny blue jeans.  I like my white, but white skinny jeans probably do make legs look a little thicker, or at least don't slim, so you have to be comfortable with your legs to wear them. 

I also noticed that most people were wearing them exactly the way that they'd wear normal jeans, but somehow that didn't work for me.  I feel like I have to either wear them super casual, or just a little dressed up.  Pumps aren't necessary - but at least a pair of chunky-heeled nude sandals or wedges.  We'll see what other outfits I come up with as the spring and summer roll on.

Also, I've been exercising again!  I'll let you know how it goes as I progress, but I can already see and feel a difference.  As I get in better shape, you'll probably see me in more fitted tops, because I really just can't resist.  :)  My weekend wear may also get a little more sporty, because as I have more strength and energy, I end up running and jumping and climbing and throwing the kids around more.

(Jeans: Old Navy Low-rise Rockstar jeans, partly distressed already, with additional distressing by me, yellow top: Intrigue, from Nordstrom Rack's Juniors department, pumps: Vince Camuto from DSW, Pink and white tank: Gap, flip-flops: Earth brand, from World of Earth)

No comments:

Post a Comment