Friday, May 1, 2015

Casual Friday

We don't really have casual Friday here, but we have a pretty lax dress code on non-teaching days, so I can do casual Friday whenever I want to.  And since it's Friday, I figured it was an appropriate time.  :)
This is a little bit of an "I'd really rather be at my beach house today, but fine I'll come in to the office," type outfit.  I just had to wear my watercolor pumps and the work equivalent of one of my toss-on-and-go outfits - it felt like that type of a day.  

I'm also so excited that wider-leg pants with a fitted top is a thing again.  The whole skinny/slim pant trend, including cropped and ankle-length pants, with looser more flowy tops, is actually quite flattering for my particular body type.  But there's just something about a floor-grazing pair of wide leg pants with a torso-grazing top that I just love.  And while those slim and cropped pants really highlight shoes, I also love the subtlety of these watercolor pumps just peaking out.  I don't know if you can tell in the pics, but the blue top picks up on one of the main colors on the pumps. 

(Pants: Dolce and Gabbana, super discount from Filene's Basement - I still think about the olive pair that they also had and wish I had bought those too :), sweater: Banana Republic from a long time ago, shoes: Vince Camuto from DSW.)

No comments:

Post a Comment