Monday, December 21, 2015

Thigh high (over-the knee) boots, and the sweater duster

So I know the current favorite name for boots like these is "over the knee" - but dude, they are thigh-high boots.  I'm hoping that the quasi-wedge chunkyness of the heel and the slightly lower heel on these will keep them from looking as trashy as thigh-high boots can look.  But you know, still sexy.

I was also super excited when I saw that sweater dusters were back in style because I totally missed out on this trend the first time around.  They are perfect for California winter weather, and suit my body type pretty well.  There's just such an attitude to a black sweater duster with thigh-high leather boots.

Two outfits with the boots and duster:
Date night:


Day time:

I've also had a lot of success pairing these boots with my dark blue skinny jeans and my light grey skinny jeans.  No photos of those though - maybe next time.

Oh, and boots plus duster with a leather dress for a Muse concert.  Because that's just the right thing to wear for Muse.

(Dress: French connection from Saks off fifth, Sweater and tunic: White house black market, Boots and leggings: Nordstrom rack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment