Monday, December 8, 2014

Rockstuds! Ish. :)


I've been drooling over Valentino rockstud kitten heels for a few months now.  They've been really popular with fashion bloggers, but I didn't really start to want them until I saw them in person on a shopper at South Coast Plaza.  They sparkle like crazy, but in a sophisticated and day-appropriate way.  It's really amazing.  Plus, the style, with the pointed toe and ankle straps, is very sexy and flattering, but the heel is a low 2 1/2 inches.  Of course, they cost $995.  (Got to price it less than $1000 so that it seems like a bargain, right? :)) 

These shoes are bcbg.  They have a higher heel and a slightly different ankle strap design, so they are not straight-up copies.  I don't like the idea of wearing "fakes."  But they have similar styling and are clearly "inspired by" the Valentino rockstud pumps.  At less than a tenth the price, these were the shoes for me.  I basically stalked the DSW website waiting for a return in my size, and when it came along I bought these. 

The only problem for work is that they have an open heel.  In order to make that work, I plan to only wear them with wide-leg or boot-cut pants which will cover the heel area.  That way the rockstuds will peak out, but I won't be so scandalous as to show heel at work.  ;)

What do you think about that - do you think open-heel shoes like this can be office appropriate even if worn with skinny/slim pants? 

(Blouse: white house black market, 100% silk, pants: j-crew, 100% wool, shoes: BCBG from DSW)

No comments:

Post a Comment