Friday, January 30, 2015

Untucked


I went for a very California vibe with the open blazer, casually draped scarf, and untucked blouse.  It felt good as I walked - very relaxed and confident. 

I like graphic prints, but I'm always torn when I put this shirt on.  It's such a stark black and white and a bit busy of a repeating graphic, so I always wonder if it makes peoples' eyes hurt or gives them a headache.  I don't *really* think so, so I wear it, but I wonder...  I *love* the shoes though!  The twisted strips of leather - black on one side white on the other - are such an amazing detail.  These shoes didn't quite fit me, but I liked them so much that I bought them anyway, and tried heel grips to help them stay on.  It took me 2 days of wearing them and fine-tuning (trying different heel grips, multiple heel grips, etc.), but I think I got it!

(Scarf: Nicole Miller, Blazer: same old reliable one, Pants: Express Columnist slim leg (the *perfect* fit for me - I keep checking their website to see if they're making them in other colors yet), Shirt and shoes: White house black market - it is a good store for black and white items :) )

1 comment: